Mail always select an old message when opening it

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by DrHouse, Jan 30, 2012.

1. DrHouse

DrHouse iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I got this strange behavior in the Mail app where the default selected email when opening the app is always a really old one. Instead of showing me the most recent one, as it was doing before iOS 5, it shows me an old message being selected and displayed. So each time I need to scroll up to reach the new incoming messages.

I did restart the iPad, closed all apps, and so on. I currently have 3 "Exchange" account configured (with contacts and calendars) and also the iCloud account.

The old selected email is always the same one (from Box.net). I don't want to delete it, but that may be the fix.

Basically, everything runs fine, but I am annoyed to scroll up each time I open the Mail app to see the new email received. Seems to happen after a while, where Mail probably got closed to leave space for other apps in memory...

Any ideas or tips?

VicoPad addict!
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,682 / 1
    I suppose you could try moving the email to another folder (out of the Inbox) and see what happens. You could even delete it, see what happens, then rescue it from the Trash, and see what happens.

I rarely have more than a dozen emails in my inbox, and to the best of my memory Mail always opens to the last email I was looking at, or a blank if I emptied the Inbox before closing. But I have to admit, I haven't been making any effort to track it closely, so I could be wrong.
  3. DrHouse

DrHouse iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I tried, moving and deleting the culprit message. Still have the same issue but on another message this time. Luckily, it's less older so I don't have to scroll up as much. That is until I get more messages and it will get older ;)

One thing I noticed, it seems to be only select messages from my first account, never of the other accounts. A I have said, I have 3 email accounts, one personal and 2 for business. The personal account is also the one used as my Apple account, so maybe that's why it is being used as the default one. Maybe time to report to Apple...

VicoPad addict!
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,682 / 1
    Thanks for the update. If you do go to Apple I'd like to know what they say, or if they just scratch their collective head as I am doing. ;)