What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnified Display Problem

Martc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier I was carrying my ipad and when I looked at it the screen was magnified about 10 times. This made it impossible to use and difficult to even log into (I have the security code feature enabled).

I must have squeezed the ipad somehow to cause this, and it took quite a long time of aimless tapping before it finally reverted to the normal display.

There doesn't seem to be anything in Settings to change this, and doing a reboot didn't help.

Has anyone else ever had this problem and is there a way of avoiding/curing it?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check in Settings > Accessibility, this feature enables LARGE magnification when used. It's triggered by multi touch type gestures. You may have "squeezed" it just right. You can turn it off if you like. It also enables "white to black / black to white" among other things.

If it's normal magnification, pinch to reduce.

OP
M

Martc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but the feature in "Accessability" only magnifies text in Contacts, Notes & Mail. However in the same place there is a feature called "Zoom" which can magnify the whole screen so maybe this was the problem. I've now turned it off!

Thanks for your help.

orlowski356

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Help... Some how I turned on a magnifying glass right in the middle.
It looks like something a that a person with very poor eye site would use.
How do I turn it off?
I can't seem to think of the key word that would troubleshoot this problem.

I am reading a book using stanza if that matters...hmmmm

John

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

Martc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the whole screen magnified or just part of it? Also, is it just Stanza where you have the problem or is everything affected?

mahking51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, Brilliant! Just joined this forum and did a search on this problem but only after hours of fruitless resetting, restoring etc etc :)
The Zoom feature was turned on and turning it off solved the problem.

What was interesting with hindsight is how difficult it was to move around the screen to find, for example Settings, then Accessability when I did not know about the 3 finger trick, it was nigh on impossible to hold and select anything until tril and error sorted it.

I have no idea how this got turned on, ny thoughts please tostop it happening again.
Cheers and thanks for a great resource!
Martin

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try this...

in settings - general - accessibility - triple-click home - OFF

you may have set the ipad's triple-click feature at the ZOOM function, so turning off zoom initially at...

settings - general - accessibility - zoom

... does nothing if, later on, you press the home button 3x.

or i might be mistaken :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts