What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnets causing issues with credit cards

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
An update to my previous test.

ATM's are unable to read the Visa card, but paying in-store via card reader still works.

Am now awaiting replacement.

Lol...that damn steve

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are the strongest magnets known to man

"Developed in 1982 by General Motors and Sumitomo Special Metals, neodymium magnets are the strongest type of permanent magnet made. They have replaced other types of magnet in the many applications in modern products that require strong permanent magnets, such as motors in cordless tools, hard disk drives, and magnetic fasteners." Wikipedia

Crimsonrosalie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to carry an iPad 2 in my purse and now carry my iPhone and my mini in my purse. (So much lighter!) Maybe one swipe or two doesn't have any effect on card but it has been months now and I am now starting to have problems with my cards. I keep the cards in my wallet which may either have have been enough protection for awhile, my iPad got closer than usual somehow or it may have just happened gradually. All I know is I certainly am having problems. Anyone know if a sleeve or something has been made that will help this situation? I can't imagine life without both my cards and my gadgets in my purse at the same time. Maybe resorting to a special case for my cards might be a solution. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts