What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnetic iPad 2 Car mount

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so I have a car right now... and don't have my ipad 2 yet... (couple more days) but I read this thread before, saw the pics on another thread, love the idea of an easy car mount.

I found this while looking for chalkboard spraypaint for my fridge.
RustOleum.com

It's a magnetic primer. It turns any surface into a magnet. The possibilities are endless to where we could stick our ipad with smart cover onto. I doubt many of you are willing to paint your dash with this stuff, but some cars have those "mats" or covers of some type of fabric over the dash and you could paint this under that. or paint over this primer to match the color of your dash.

Maybe you guys could think of something better to use it for. Just throwing the idea out there.

rgsparber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That paint contains iron particles. With a strong magnet it can hold a few pieces of of paper. Given the weight of the iPad plus vibration in the car, something far more solid is needed.

Rick

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I use in my Ford Focus it cost 99 pence in the pound shop and is made for the ipad 1. The back part,arrowed,fits exactly in the opening of the cd player and is tight enough,when pushed in, to stop the stand and the ipad falling out.Don't ask me if its doing the cd player any good cos I dont know as I've never used it anyway but my ipad is sited perfectly for use as a sat nav etc.
I'l get a pic of it inside the car later.
2re14ld.jpg

Most reactions