What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Mouse with 4.2.1

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's not possible. The iPad does not support any type of mouse device - even their own Apple Bluetooth Magic Mouse!

Tim
Scotland

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnYoung said:
Hi

I want to use my magic mouse with my ipad 4.2.1, does anyone know how i can do this?

Actually, it CAN be done, only if iPad is jail broken though. You would have to jailbreak iPad, which is very simple and easy, then install the BT mouse stack. Then your mouse will work with pointer and everything. Straight out the store iPad, no it won't work. With jailbreak methods, Anything is possible ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnYoung said:
Hi

I want to use my magic mouse with my ipad 4.2.1, does anyone know how i can do this?

Actually, it CAN be done, only if iPad is jail broken though. You would have to jailbreak iPad, which is very simple and easy, then install the BT mouse stack. Then your mouse will work with pointer and everything. Straight out the store iPad, no it won't work. With jailbreak methods, Anything is possible ;-)

Well said - and my apologies - yes, anything is possible if you jail break.....

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would post this question - including perhaps the mouse query but indicating that you know a jail break will be needed - in the Jail Breaking section of the Forum - it's very active and I'm sure you'll get a quicker response there.

I'm not a jail breaking expert - in fact, not an expert on anything :) - so you'll certainly get a better quality answer from them!

Tim
Scotland

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnYoung said:
Thankyou so much, that it is really helpful. Do you know how to jail break firmware 4.2.1?

Definitely look in the hacking section. But if you are on 4.2.1 like I am, then u will need to use the GreenPoison jailbreak rc6 or higher. All u have to do is go to the greenpoison.com website, from your Mac or pc. Then press the tab that corresponds to the type of pc you have. There will be a pc tab, Mac tab, and Linux tab(I'm not sure if they released this one yet). Then it will download to your pc. Once downloaded, install it in pc. Bfore launching that app, it would be a good idea to backup your ipad thru itunes in case you need to restore. Then launch the application. Hook iPad up to pc. Then follow the easy and simple onscreen instructions. And in no time your iPad will be jail broken. Then you should see the cydia store and loader icon on your ipad. Press the cydia icon and now you entered the cydia store where all jailbreak apps are found. This is the untethered jailbreak, which is the best kind. You only have to do it one time then you are done. Until you update the iOS again.
To be on the safe side, make sure to read up on jail breaking in the hacking section so you will know what it all entails. There are plenty more tweaks that can be done to your iPad besides BT mouse. Definitely read the descriptions carefully of the apps/tweaks you install. Make sure they are compatible with your iPad and iOS version. You can mess things up if you go installing any and everything without being smart n cautious. Just make sure it'll work for ur iPad. U can always restore back thru iTunes if something goes wrong or iPad starts acting up real bad, which I doubt unless u try to install something not meant for iPad.
Post back and let us know how it went. If you have any other questions or issues, let us know or just inbox me. ;-) Good luck, Happy Jailbreaking..lol

Most reactions