What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazines keep disappearing after ios5 update

ptauly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my purchased magazines (in newsstand & not) automatically get deleted about every week or so... So I have to keep redownloading them. I never had any problems with any of them until the ios5 update... My local "Pages" files all disappear too. So I have to keep redownloading them as we'll...

Anyone have any answers?...

Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Sit tight and someone will be along who can help you, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other to learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community, so please read these also.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

I have moved this thread to the Help Section where it will receive more attention.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about the magazine.

Have you turned on iCloud for Pages? If you have, I've noticed that sometimes Pages will not display any documents until it has connected with iCloud. It's checking for updates, I suppose and does not get any further until it's done. Occasionally I have to clear it from the multitask bar and start it again.

That said. If you are no using iCloud to store your documents anyway, I'd make sure you have it turned off in Settings > Pages. If you are using it, make sure you've got Documents and Data turned on in Settings > iCloud.

All major OS updates (like iOS 5) have some bugs. I'm hopping Apple gets them cleared up in the next update, or two. (sigh)

Good luck.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

OP
P

ptauly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks... I unlinked everything from iCloud & so far everything is staying where it's supposed too...
Thanks again...

Most reactions

Latest posts