What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacPad auto correct

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So with the latest iPad update the word MacPad has been added to the dictionary. Much like when iOS was termed it started auto correcting like iPad, iPhone, iAd, MacBook, etc.

Does that mean the MacPad is near???

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1000000039.JPG

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score

So tell me how to get hell instead of he'll. I put hell on my contacts like someone said on here and it still changes it to he'll. Irritating!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Now it's saying mapped and not recognising macpad at all.....how strange, I haven't connected to iTunes or done any updating since this morning!

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1164286915.png
    image-1164286915.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 319

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad ~ It will do that too. He'll instead of hell. But I just keep typing what I want and after I think 2 or 3 times ~ it lets me.:)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
So tell me how to get hell instead of he'll. I put hell on my contacts like someone said on here and it still changes it to he'll. Irritating!

You have some strange contacts.........best not to upset you eh?

The Archangel

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

It looks as if you have a PC situation! :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
On my iPad ~ It will do that too. He'll instead of hell. But I just keep typing what I want and after I think 2 or 3 times ~ it lets me.:)

But I say it all the time and this ....autocorrect keeps on doing it to me. I'm sure it's just to wind me up. It's human you know, but I refuse to give it a name though.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
My gf hadn't updated and hers says mapped.

I'm definitely running 4.3.2...........how strange.......

.........but I'm starting to save for my macpad now just in case!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You have some strange contacts.........best not to upset you eh?

The Archangel

And don't you forget it either Grrrr! I have an Assegai and I know how to use it too!

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very strange. I just decided the other day to look up if there were any MacPad rumors floating around and it autocorrected me...surprised nobody else is getting this. I have many words that I type ALL THE TIME and it won't remember...so its not that I typed it once before and it retained it somehow. I def don't have that as a word in the address book...that would be pointless.

Someone else please tell me you can do that too and I'm not just crazy.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
But I say it all the time and this ....autocorrect keeps on doing it to me. I'm sure it's just to wind me up. It's human you know, but I refuse to give it a name though.

Could it be that as you mention your hubby in your posts occasionally every time you write he'll it defaults back to the original dictionary word........and I used to think that I was the worst on these forums for going off topic.......I bow to you greater skills in this department.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
Very strange. I just decided the other day to look up if there were any MacPad rumors floating around and it autocorrected me...surprised nobody else is getting this. I have many words that I type ALL THE TIME and it won't remember...so its not that I typed it once before and it retained it somehow. I def don't have that as a word in the address book...that would be pointless.

Someone else please tell me you can do that too and I'm not just crazy.

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-909706748.png
    image-909706748.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 156

Most reactions