What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacMall

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any experience with MacMall.com? From the site, I thought they would be fairly legit and have sufficient customer service. I ordered my iPad 2 (White 64g Wifi) at 830 CST. I called at 201 CST and was on hold for two hours (on different phone lines) until I fell asleep. I looked on the Appl Store when I woke up and saw that orders were being shipped in "3-5 b days with 5-7 day shipping" I was on Spring Break, so that timeline wasn't going to work for me. However, MacMall was doing overnights for 16 dollars and no tax on iPad 2. That was perfect. The rep that took my order said that I would receive it March 14, by 3 pm. When my invoice posts, it says backordered. I call back and their like it won't ship until the 22nd. I get another invoice that says it won't ship until the 31. Then, they finally just tell me,3-4 weeks.

Needless to say, I could have had my iPad 2 by this Friday had I ordered from apple. Now, I am backordered indefinitely, insured by the rudest Customer Service Ever, with no kind of compensation.

Has anyone else ordered their iPad 2's from MacMall? or anything from them? What have been your experiences?

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I just cancel from macmall n order from apple? I prefer to buy with confidence?

ChezSirene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MacMall Legit

I have been buying product from MacMall for years and have always been more than pleased with their knowledge of product, general service and speed of delivery. If your rep is truly rude, ask to speak with a supervisor.

I am also backordered on my iPad 2 (64Gb, Black, ATT Wi-Fi & 3G) and am frustrated. . . I want it YESTERDAY! If it's any consolation, there are thousands of us shopping at many outlets and waiting for the backlog to loosen up and get shipment. The savings on the sales tax is substantial, and I would rather use that money for buying apps and accessories. . . so I patiently wait a few more weeks for my iPad 2 to arrive.

I'll post when I get it. . . you do the same, OK?

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cancelled my order. I'm sorry. The savings was about 35 dollars for me, but I would rather have peace of mind. I asked several times to speak to a supervisor, and I was hung up on. I emailed customer service, and they're 24 hr turn around time turned into never. People were ordering from apple on the 17 with expected ship dates of April 20 and MM was giving push offs. Mar 14 turned into April XX? The last rep I talked to at MacMall said they werent expecting shipment until April 30 or 2 of May. I cancelled my order and ordered from Apple on Mar 21 and I have an expected arrival date of Apr 28. Still earlier than Mm. As I said, I'm a fan of efficiency and customer service. I didn't mind paying 35 dollars for those two.

I'm still scrounging for retailers, but please do tell when yours arrives.

shatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 2 shipped

I just wanted to share with this thread that I also ordered an ipad 2 from MacMall on March 11, about 10:30am CST. I orderd an AT&T 3G 64GB White ipad 2, and I received notice last night it went from backordered to shipped, and it is on truck for delivery today. Hang in there, they are getting them in and shipping them out. The smart cover I ordered however is still on backorder.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great news for you. I just could not deal with the poor customer service. Unfortunately, mine is coming from apple now and not scheduled to arrive until the 21. I'm getting it engraved so all is well. Also, if I happen to run into problems, I like the idea of being able to go to an apple store for monetary exchange rather than sending it back to macmall. Overall, this has been a lesson of patience and endurance. Thanks for your update. Hope you enjoy the magic!!!

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered Black WiFi 32gb from MacMall on iPad2 Release Day at about 8:30pst since I didn't think I was going to be able to get one from local stores that day. It shipped from TN on Mar 14 and I received Mar 18 in AZ. It was pretty crazy everywhere on Release Day, and that included MacMall. But I got it in a week. I thought they offered good customer service, especially being inundated with calls that first day.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My model must have been popular white 64 wifi. I was told I would receive on the 14 but was moved back to Apr 30.

shatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did notice that when dealing with MacMall, the sales associate that took my order was much more clueful than the customer service email. When I saw mine backordered, I emailed customer service and they told me I would have to wait 3-5 weeks for it to come out of backorder status. I emailed the sales associate and he told me 2-3 weeks, maybe a little sooner, and it turned out being just over 2 weeks.

OP
HKWrite12

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just cancelled mine. A couple days after i posted that. I tried to wait. At this point, I'll get it when fate n fedex allow.

SteveMont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a black 64Gb Wi-Fi 2nd Generation iPad on April 20th from MacMall along with a neoprene cover. The sales rep on the phone told me that the iPad was out of stock, but that they would be receiving a shipment in 2-3 days. Since I could get free shipping and no sales tax, I made the order. That was nine days ago, and now they're telling me 2-3 WEEKS. I'm thinking I'll look around for another place that has at least employees with a shred of a clue. Very annoying!:mad:

JimW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar experience as others have reported.

I ordered a black 64GB 3G AT&T model on 4/26, and was told it would ship in 1-2 weeks. I expected to receive it around May 10.

I checked in the first week of May, and was told it would ship a few days later than expected...

I checked again on May 14 and was told it would ship on 5/18, based on the latest data from Apple. And I was told that my order would definitely be filled in the first shipment from Apple.

Well, this morning I checked again and -- no kidding -- was told Apple had revised the expected due date to the END OF JUNE! That would be 14 weeks after I placed my order!

So tonight I called again. The first sales rep told me the standard 1-2 weeks. Ya, right.

So I asked for a supervisor, who told me it would ship ~6/10. Not only that, but he said they've been shipping this model, but haven't received nearly enough to fill all orders. Ummm... what happened to the claim that mine would ship in the first batch from Apple?

I canceled my order.

I'm irritated that I don't yet have the iPad, but I'm angry - very angry - that MacMall cannot tell its customers a straight story. I feel like the sales people are not being truthful in answering questions, and maybe even making stuff up as they go along...

Oh, and the web site still claims "Shipping time is approximately 1 - 2 weeks".

Caveat Emptor.

The local Apple Store now has this model in stock, so I expect to buy one tomorrow.

My recommendation? Do NOT order your iPad from MacMall.

two_bone35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is that I always come across these posts AFTER I've already ordered from the party in question? I just ordered an iPad 2 64gb + 3G Verizon at the incredibly (and questionably) low price of $499.00. I had already ordered the 32gb model at the same price from the Apple store when a friend informed of the MacMall deal. So, I called Apple and had them email me a return label to send back the unit when it arrives for a refund. Here's the deal so far; I ordered the iPad and purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan as well because the sales rep on the phone told me I could have the unit next day for free if I did. Upon checking the order status online and seeing that it was, you guessed it, on backorder, I called customer service. The cs rep told me that the unit was indeed in stock and that I would have a shipment tracking order by end of day today (8/16). I guess we'll see if they're still jerking people around or if they will actually make the shipment as promised. If by the end of today I have no tracking number and they give me some lame excuse as to why the unit didn't ship, I'll cancel the order and just keep the one I get from Apple. I'll post back with an update when I have one. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Most reactions