What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machine won't work/No Power

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All,
A couple of days ago, my iPad Air just lost power. When I got the '10%' left mesage, I plugged it in. It didn't work, shut down, now I keep it plugged in and get 1% power every 6~8 hours.

I'm not close to an Apple Service Center, and I depend on my iPad for a lot of important things.

I've had the machine since 10/2014. My *guess* is either the battery's shot (although there was no sign it was slowing down) or else it's the connector, which stays cold when plugged in.

What to do?

If it's the battery, how long does it take to install a new one?

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

It couldn't come at a worse time.

I have iTunes & iCloud on my crappy old Windows machine, downloaded my favorite app, but it won't install. Very frustrating!

That's all I can think of.

Thank you for reading! :)

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different USB cable or a different USB port on your computer when charging your iPad?

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi scifan57,
Thanks for your reply. Problem is solved. I don't know why. All I can say is, 1. I did nothing new or different with my iPad to cause this power problem. 2. I have never, until today, connected my iPad to my computer.

I ran iTunes diagnostics. I got different responses as to the problem, e.g., 'Device cannot connect to iTunes Store, also, 'Device not recognized,' something like that. I checked Windows Device Manager, nothing about Apple there. And yeah, everything's up to date.

I gave up, plugged the iPad back into the wall socket, and it started charging.

No clue why.

But thanks, scifan57, for your time! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi scifan57,
Thanks for your reply. Problem is solved. I don't know why. All I can say is, 1. I did nothing new or different with my iPad to cause this power problem. 2. I have never, until today, connected my iPad to my computer.

I ran iTunes diagnostics. I got different responses as to the problem, e.g., 'Device cannot connect to iTunes Store, also, 'Device not recognized,' something like that. I checked Windows Device Manager, nothing about Apple there. And yeah, everything's up to date.

I gave up, plugged the iPad back into the wall socket, and it started charging.

No clue why.

But thanks, scifan57, for your time! :)
I'm glad your problem is solved. Too bad we don't know exactly what happened, it was likely just some kind of temporary glitch.

Most reactions

Latest posts