What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacBook Pro and iPad

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently suffered a catastrophic loss of the graphics card on my Dell XPS laptop and I am thinking about purchasing a new MacBook Pro 13.3" 2.66ghz. I would use Boot Camp to dual boot my copy of Windows 7 ultimate and OSx.

My question is are there any advantages using a Mac with the iPad over a PC? I have never owned a Mac and just recently found out you can run Windows using Boot Camp. Any info or suggestions from the knowledgeable folks on the iPad Forums would be awesome.

Thank You

AngelSpeedfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange, Dell is sending someone out tomorrow to replace the video card in XPS 1730. I guess it happens more than I thought. They just replaced the motherboard and main fan a month ago. I would switch to the MacBook pro if I had the ability.

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My service plan ran out in March. This was the only parts issue my XPS1210 ever had.

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like I may get a little extra functionality out of the iPad but not enough to push my decision about buying the MacBook Pro or not. Are there any draw backs to using Boot Camp and Running Windows on a Mac? I love the idea of having one laptop with the best of both worlds.

I would use OSx for Media and all the fun stuff while useing Windows for productivity and work stuff.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is why a MacBook Pro? If you are not going to a larger screen, a plain MacBook is all you normally need and is a lot less money. However, running Boot Camp on a MacBook is very simple thing to do. I can do anything I want on my MacBook, and have never had any issues. My only real problem is that I am using Windows less and less.

OP
B

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at the 13.3" MacBook Pro mostly for the higher processing power and upgrades over the MacBook. To be honest most of my reasoning is superficial and has to do with my geekeyness.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest the intego anti virus program. I always had PC, switched to Mac 4 years started out using Windows but now barely look at it. I use a remote client to connect my Mac to my office and there isn't anything I can't do on my Mac I used to do on my PC. I installed the Intego program to make sure I didn't expose myself to any unnecessary virus from Windows. I had the same Dell XPS and it doesn't work anymore. Not worth even fixing.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do think there are advantages. You can sync your calendars and contacts and even your safari bookmarks.
You can sync your Google contacts and calendars too, from a PC, so that's not really an advantage of a MacBook if you ask me. There are plenty of contact sync options in iTunes to choose from.

Most reactions

Latest posts