What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac People….Check Your Dock

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed the software update icon this morning for my iMac. Said system update. So I updated.

After installation I now have an App Store icon on my dock. Did any other Mac people notice this? I can be a bit unobservant from time to time, but I don't think it was there previously.

Djwearsprada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The drummer in my band has a macbook and he noticed that too, apparently all the apps on iphone or ipad can now be played on your mac and even new ones i guess.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The drummer in my band has a macbook and he noticed that too, apparently all the apps on iphone or ipad can now be played on your mac and even new ones i guess.

Hmmm….interesting.

When I opened it I was just taken to the app store. Let me look a little closer at this.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that's what it looks like. I thought it had to do with owning an iPad but these apps are showing Mac OS requirements.

Guess I should move this thread off topic.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nooooo.... that is not the case. There are a few iOS apps now out for Mac OSX too, such as Angry Birds, but certainly not all of them. And if you own an iOS version of an app you don't get the Mac version for free. Two completely different app stores. The Mac app store is a separate app too, it does not go through itunes.

The Mac app store coming on Jan 6 was announced some time ago... I have been waiting for it. And an email from Apple early yesterday reminding me about it--so I went right to software update :). Alas, not quite as great as I thought it would be but guess it needs time.

Michael

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an update that was released yesterday. Personally I hate the new icon....ugly as sin.

Congrats....you now have OSX 10.6.6!! :D

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't put anything on my Mac but I thought the pinball might be interesting on my iPad. So they did get some money from me. :)

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a browse through the new App store tonight and some software is a lot cheaper (up to 80%) since it became available through the App store. Examples are Apple Aperture 3 for £44.99 and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro for £17.99.

I bought a couple of Apps and also got some free ones. More than happy with my downloads and look forward to seeing more Apps becoming available.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After playing Pinball HD on my iPad I gave it a try on my iMac. 3 different games with this one I think I like the deep sea one best. Good stuff, glad they added this on.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The media has been talking about the Mac App store for weeks now, and is was well advertised. Just shows how easy it is to miss technology changes.

Most reactions

Latest posts