What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac Book Pro ~

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are about to go and get this computer. Well ~ not me, but my daughter. She came home from college yesterday and said this is what she is going to get.

Everyone has them at college and they are awesome for note taking, and you can also tape the instructor on what he is saying? Something like that.

So ~ I was looking at them at the Apple site and the 13" is almost $1200 and the 17" is almost $2500!

Goodness ~

Does the Apple store provide financing? I am about to go and check on that!

Thoughts? Good choice? She has about 4 years left including graduate school...

Cschueren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
We are about to go and get this computer. Well ~ not me, but my daughter. She came home from college yesterday and said this is what she is going to get.

Everyone has them at college and they are awesome for note taking, and you can also tape the instructor on what he is saying? Something like that.

So ~ I was looking at them at the Apple site and the 13" is almost $1200 and the 17" is almost $2500!

Goodness ~

It's an investment. I bought my wife a new MacBook Pro last month and installed Win7 for those programs where they don't have OSX support.

I believe that they do. They are awesome, but I am biased as I am an apple fanboy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Your daughter should be the one buying it, not you, because Apple offers dicounts for college students. You have to access the website from a college internet though, as the option doesn't appear otherwise. Apple smartness again :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your daughter should be the one buying it, not you, because Apple offers dicounts for college students. You have to access the website from a college internet though, as the option doesn't appear otherwise. Apple smartness again :)

You know what? Did I say I was buying it? No. She is buying it.:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Goodness ~

It's an investment. I bought my wife a new MacBook Pro last month and installed Win7 for those programs where they don't have OSX support.

I believe that they do. They are awesome, but I am biased as I am an apple fanboy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks for sharing that! I think we are turning into Apple FanGirls!:D

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
No, I have not. Care to share?

Just pretend you want to buy a Macbook, after choosing the screensize, it asks you to configure the MBP and on the right sight is a box labeled Summary. Inside that box is a blue link: 6 or 12 month financing options.

There may be different financing options available though. You might want to head to your local AppleStore to find out about them :D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
No, I have not. Care to share?

Just pretend you want to buy a Macbook, after choosing the screensize, it asks you to configure the MBP and on the right sight is a box labeled Summary. Inside that box is a blue link: 6 or 12 month financing options.

There may be different financing options available though. You might want to head to your local AppleStore to find out about them :D

Okay. Thanks. Dumi, what is MBP?:eek: Be nice...:D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$100 off! But ~ we added Microsoft Office as it doesn't come with it? So that took back the $100.

There are so many options to choose! What else do you think she should get?

Last edited:

Cschueren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the educational site you also get a good deal off on the Applecare, but you owe it to yourself to also look for Applecare from Amazon, cheaper than from Apple. As a note for the Applecare, it DOES NOT have to be purchased when you buy it, you have up until the end of the first year to purchase and activate it, extending it out another two years.

Any other questions, I am pretty sure I have come across it. Way too many Apple products...

Most reactions

Latest posts