What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luxury Dubai hotel introduces golden iPads for all its guests

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
gold-ipad_2567958b.jpg

Welcome to the Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai – one of the most luxurious places you can find in the whole wide world. It was designed by Khuan Chew and it stylishly combines lush Occidental and Oriental architecture. 8.000 square meters of the hotel are covered in golden foil so you can probably see that this is an extremely fancy place.

At the Burj al-Arab, guests can eat the finest dishes, relax in huge luxury suites and even have a butler following them around during the stay, fulfilling their every need. However, in order to spice things up for their guests, the hotel management introduced a new idea. Each guest checking in will be awarded a golden plated iPad when arriving at the hotel. The high end device is a 24-carat gold plated tablet provided by Gold & Co.

The iPad basically acts as a hotel guide, which is very useful indeed, since the establishment is quite massive. The tablet will keep guests up to speed regarding restaurants, spa services and basically finding things around in the hotel. The golden iPad costs no less than £6,715 ( around $10139) and guests must return it upon departure.

Every suite at the Burj al-Arab has an iMac, as well, proving that the hotel management is a very big fan of Apple products, apparently. Maybe more will start popping in soon. The Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai is the only 7 star hotel in the world, even if officially it is tagged as a 5 star deluxe one.

Source: Telegraph UK

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only downside is that the iPads will not have FaceTime, because of government regulations.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheesy. I'm not a mega-gazillionaire and I wouldn't bother using anyone else's iPad, gold-laden or otherwise. If I wanted their info, etc., they should put it on my personal iPad via an app. Why would I want another device to schlep around, when mine is already personalized? Anyone who can stay at such a hotel should already have an iPad.

wildmangk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheesy. I'm not a mega-gazillionaire and I wouldn't bother using anyone else's iPad, gold-laden or otherwise. If I wanted their info, etc., they should put it on my personal iPad via an app. Why would I want another device to schlep around, when mine is already personalized? Anyone who can stay at such a hotel should already have an iPad.

Anyone staying in this hotel should have like 5 ipads!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Really? Not everyone on planet earth owns an iPad. I think it is cool and fun and glorious and neato and spiffy. And if you were a mega-gazillionaire, you would likely hire a team of iPad wranglers: one to carry it, one to polish the emeralds, one to wipe the screen and one to carry the iTunes gift cards.

At least, that is what I do. Their names are Moe, Curley, Larry and Shemp, when he is available.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a Heck Hole. they must have spent the decorator's cash on iPads. Not sure I would want to stay in a slightly better Motel 6:

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpg

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad but hey the oil money would be nice too lol :D

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it's fantastic, I experienced a being here in Dubai. EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No Email Addresses

Last edited by a moderator:

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone that is truly on my bucket list to go to even if its just to experience the architecture and engineering of the place.

Most reactions

Latest posts