What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowes has a scanner, how can i get one?

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed all the local lowes are now using iPhones with a n attached scanner. How and where can you purchase these? Also not sure how you could buy a phone just for wifi

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...you have currently posted your question in the POLLS section.

For the interest of your question, we will move it to the Accessories Section.

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed all the local lowes are now using iPhones with a n attached scanner. How and where can you purchase these? Also not sure how you could buy a phone just for wifi

Well, there are two credit card scanners on the USA market: Square and one by PayPal (I forget the name). I know the Apple store sells the Square scanner (and I've seen them in Walmart). I'm sure a quick Google can find where/how to get the PayPal one.

To get a phone just for WiFi - I suggest buying a used one and then not signing up with a carrier for a contract (phone or otherwise). But - if you don't want 3/4G, have you thought about an iPod (touch)? They use just WiFi and they are relatively inexpensive, especially when compared to the iPhone.

Marilyn

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPod Touch is a good idea, but I'd wait to see what Apple annouces in regards to the upcoming iPhone/iPad Mini (whatever) thing happens in September. I think the iPad Mini will be just a larger iPod Touch but, depending on the price, it may drive the various iPod Touch prices downward.

Most reactions

Latest posts