What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low volume on ipad

pipaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions to increase volume please . Straining my ears!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! IIRC there are a couple of apps that claim to be able to boost the iPad's volume but I don't think they have very good reviews.

The bottom line is that the speakers are the weak point. They just aren't designed for loud sounds and I suspect any sort of increase in output would just cause them to clip the audio.

There's this odd little device called a "SoundJaw" that actually helps direct the iPad's sound that might be of interest. It was a Kickstarter project, but I think it's available now:

SoundJaw - iPad 1 and 2 Sound Booster (iPhone compatible) by Matthew McLachlan — Kickstarter

However the best bet is to probably get an external speaker or speakers. There's everything from a little speaker that clips onto the iPad by connecting it to the audio jack to docks to full-on stereo setups built especially for the iPad. A quick Google search will give you some ideas.

Of course you can always use headphones. I have a nice set of Zagg headphone/buds that sound terrific.

If you really want good sound you can use AirPlay to send your iPad's audio to a "real" audio system.

Hope that helps...others may have some suggestions.

Welcome again and enjoy the forum!

BigRed18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The volume when I play music is fine. But when I play something from YouTube it is very difficult to hear. What's up with this?

Most reactions

Latest posts