1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Low volume on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by pipaust, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pipaust

pipaust iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any suggestions to increase volume please . Straining my ears!
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! IIRC there are a couple of apps that claim to be able to boost the iPad's volume but I don't think they have very good reviews.

The bottom line is that the speakers are the weak point. They just aren't designed for loud sounds and I suspect any sort of increase in output would just cause them to clip the audio.

There's this odd little device called a "SoundJaw" that actually helps direct the iPad's sound that might be of interest. It was a Kickstarter project, but I think it's available now:

SoundJaw - iPad 1 and 2 Sound Booster (iPhone compatible) by Matthew McLachlan — Kickstarter

However the best bet is to probably get an external speaker or speakers. There's everything from a little speaker that clips onto the iPad by connecting it to the audio jack to docks to full-on stereo setups built especially for the iPad. A quick Google search will give you some ideas.

Of course you can always use headphones. I have a nice set of Zagg headphone/buds that sound terrific.

If you really want good sound you can use AirPlay to send your iPad's audio to a "real" audio system.

Hope that helps...others may have some suggestions.

Welcome again and enjoy the forum!
  3. BigRed18

BigRed18 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The volume when I play music is fine. But when I play something from YouTube it is very difficult to hear. What's up with this?