What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low memorynerror

ajnewman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apps keeping closing down, when I check the diagnostics area of the setting it show a series of low memory errors. I have re-booted and reset. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset. This is my second iPad, the first one was replaced due to the same issue. Any thoughts on the cause and what I can do to fix it?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
ajnewman13 said:
My apps keeping closing down, when I check the diagnostics area of the setting it show a series of low memory errors. I have re-booted and reset. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset. This is my second iPad, the first one was replaced due to the same issue. Any thoughts on the cause and what I can do to fix it?

Are all of your apps responding this way or just certain ones?

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
A

ajnewman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I can tell its pretty much all of them. Some go faster then others but they all eventually shut down.

OP
A

ajnewman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running the most current version, just checked the software update and I'm good. I guess I can start deleting all of the recent new adds to see if that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or you could do it the other way around; if you don't have too many apps. Do the restore, and add the apps back one at a time. The really popular apps with lots of users and reviews should be the safest. Look to the off beat apps as problem children first. You might even go back to the App Store and check reviews on them to see if anyone else is having problems.

Make sure you save important documents, pictures, etc. before doing this.

And you did not say, but I should ask, are you jailbroken? If so, then start by removing recent tweaks first.

OP
A

ajnewman13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not jail broken so thats a none issue. Your suggestion a factory reset with a slow reading of the apps? I don't have much to lose I guess except for a little time. I'm pull the last few adds first because I know which they are and if that doesn't work I will Cary on.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't forget, you can see all your previously purchased apps by going to the Purchased tab in the App Store. Much easier than having to remember them.

Most reactions

Latest posts