What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Memory

jdryden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does it mean when I look in settings then diagnostic usage and it has low memory and latest crash on list?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try switching the iPad completely off - by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears, then accepting the offer to switch off. Power up again and then check the memory diagnostic. When the iPad powers up it does a lot of 'housekeeping' including consolidating fragmented system memory (RAM).

Tim

OP
jdryden

jdryden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried powering off but the list is still there. Also, when it was powering back up the apple icon looked like it has a crack/line going across it .

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - next a reboot...

Turn the iPad off.

Now press and hold the Power and Home buttons for 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; the iPad will reboot. It takes a while, so you'll need patience. See if the problem is still there....

Tim

OP
jdryden

jdryden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rebooted and the list of low memory and latest crash (long list) is still there.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
I see the same information on my iPad when you go in to Settings>About>Diagnostics & Usuage>Diagnostic & Usuage Data. If you have 'Automatically Send' checked you will see information here. I have a lot of stuff??? Not sure I probably should have 'Don't Send' checked. I don't think anything is wrong with the iPad, looks like a history of certain activity. Just my thoughts...

Chiky

OP
jdryden

jdryden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay thanks, my iPad is working perfectly. I just don't like seeing low memory or crash, it makes me nervous LOL

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for clearing that up....

Much appreciated.....

Tim

Tim,
I see the same information on my iPad when you go in to Settings>About>Diagnostics & Usuage>Diagnostic & Usuage Data. If you have 'Automatically Send' checked you will see information here. I have a lot of stuff??? Not sure I probably should have 'Don't Send' checked. I don't think anything is wrong with the iPad, looks like a history of certain activity. Just my thoughts...

Chiky

Most reactions

Latest posts