What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low memory issue :(

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I don' t know if this issue convenient here but my ipad has really low memory since I jailbroke it.
Especially "wired memory" has the most usage (I still can' t find what it means or does).

Thanks for help...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

I don' t know if this issue convenient here but my ipad has really low memory since I jailbroke it.
Especially "wired memory" has the most usage (I still can' t find what it means or does).

Thanks for help...

You're going to have more use of your iPad's RAM because of the tweaks you've installed. However, if the tweaks are well-written, they won't interfere with the normal RAM management Apple built into the iPad. Apps will still be in suspension until re-opened by you or asked by the iOS to close because another app needs the RAM. This is all automatic, so, unless you have a continuing crash, there is really nothing to be concerned with about how much RAM is available at any given time.

Apple has designed a pretty robust RAM management system the operates on the theory [paraphrased] that unused RAM is useless RAM.

Oh, and "wired memory" is RAM "used by the OS which is pretty much untouchable. Another application can't 'borrow' wired memory." I should imagine that putting tweaks on that need to respond immediately or change the function of your iPad would require a bit more "wired memory" than stock so they are available.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts