What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Memory diagnostic?

Dcawd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, have a low memory issue and want to see which apps are currently taking up how much space on the iPad (16gb). Not colelctively, but individually. Have not added music, pix, videos for some time, so problem could be from updates to apps, also readers like zinio, etc. I'd like to be able to selectively delete an app once I know how large it is in it's current incarnation on the iPad. Likewise, is there a way to see how large the safari cache is before clearing it?

I did do a search of the forum but didn't find anything I could use...

Thanks for any thoughts

graceyazbek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also get a low memory diagnostic each time I try to sync. I have not been able to update, add any new photos, music, or books for some time. I finally had someone update to the latest version. I also rebooted and even restored to factory settings to no avail. Please help!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dcawd said:
Hi all, have a low memory issue and want to see which apps are currently taking up how much space on the iPad (16gb). Not colelctively, but individually. Have not added music, pix, videos for some time, so problem could be from updates to apps, also readers like zinio, etc. I'd like to be able to selectively delete an app once I know how large it is in it's current incarnation on the iPad. Likewise, is there a way to see how large the safari cache is before clearing it?

I did do a search of the forum but didn't find anything I could use...

Thanks for any thoughts

The only place you see this is when your iPad is synched to iTunes and you tap on the iPad icon on the left of the screen. Then you tap on apps and look up the app memory from there. I regularly delete music, films etcetera and rearrange so there is enough memory for any new app I want while on the iPad. This is why I went to 32gb because I knew from my iPod that I would need the space for all those movies I like watching. Movies are your big space munchers.

Most reactions

Latest posts