What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low battery

KC 71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I seem to get a low battery after switching the device on
I start with 100% and within an hour im down to 50
Is there anything i can close or take off the ipad that can help maintain my battery power?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all
I seem to get a low battery after switching the device on
I start with 100% and within an hour im down to 50
Is there anything i can close or take off the ipad that can help maintain my battery power?

There may not be a problem with your battery at all, just what that lazy, inconsiderant %age gauge up top may be telling you.

Apple themselves recommend that you should, at least once a month, completely run down the battery and then fully charge it up again. What this does is to realign those recalcitrant delinquent little lithiums, or whatever the little devils do inside, and RECALIBRATE the %age display. That way you should get a more accurate state of your batter charge.

Of course discharge depends also on such factors such as brightness and sound and whether your iPad is syncing automatically etc. But give the "full discharge" suggestion a go and let us know if that improved matters.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
K

KC 71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to be working a bit better now thanks for the advice

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you actually take it right down to zero or just to like 5% or whatever? My battery gauge seems to be pretty accurate and I only go down to around 5%-10% to calibrate. Just curious.

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you actually take it right down to zero or just to like 5% or whatever? My battery gauge seems to be pretty accurate and I only go down to around 5%-10% to calibrate. Just curious.

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

5%-10% would be about perfect. Would not matter if you took it down to zero. Either way it's what would be considered a "full cycle discharge", a good way to keep the calibration of your battery in tip top health.

I try do do it about every three weeks. Generally, on my usage, I recharge to full every two days when the %age is down to about 35-40% and then every 3 weeks take it down to 10-15%. My battery, well the iPad's, just sings!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts