What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lovin' my iPad!

njerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Nancy and I got my iPad about 1 week ago. It was a real struggle deciding if I should get it now or wait a few months, based on speculation, and hold out for the iPad3. Well, I'm thrilled even more than I thought I would be. The school where I teach has supplied all students and teachers with MacBooks that are wonderful, so while I thought an iPad would be nice I never dreamed it would be as useful as it is!

Anyway, as a new user I have lots of questions and I'll be scouring the forum for answers!

I'll considering getting the Pages app, but I haven't confirmed yet if I can open and edit a document that I receive, on my iPad, and then edit it.

Happy as a lark,
Nancy

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
njerry said:
Hi, my name is Nancy and I got my iPad about 1 week ago. It was a real struggle deciding if I should get it now or wait a few months, based on speculation, and hold out for the iPad3. Well, I'm thrilled even more than I thought I would be. The school where I teach has supplied all students and teachers with MacBooks that are wonderful, so while I thought an iPad would be nice I never dreamed it would be as useful as it is!

Anyway, as a new user I have lots of questions and I'll be scouring the forum for answers!

I'll considering getting the Pages app, but I haven't confirmed yet if I can open and edit a document that I receive, on my iPad, and then edit it.

Happy as a lark,
Nancy

Nice!! Private school I assume?

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

OP
N

njerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Nice!! Private school I assume?

Hello :-D. No, actually public school- just a big technology initiative. And it is nice but FAR from all roses. We are able to do amazing things but at the same time we have now seen a dramatic rise in bullying, harassment and fighting. For some (the minority) it has been the equivalent of give the keys to a muscle car to a 10 year old with the only instructions being "drive carefully."

Pros and cons in everything, right? ;-)

Nancy

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
njerry said:
Hello :-D. No, actually public school- just a big technology initiative. And it is nice but FAR from all roses. We are able to do amazing things but at the same time we have now seen a dramatic rise in bullying, harassment and fighting. For some (the minority) it has been the equivalent of give the keys to a muscle car to a 10 year old with the only instructions being "drive carefully."

Nancy

Too bad humans can't truly interface with machines. Get more in touch with our logical side so we're ruled less by emotions. AA

image-2658323702.png

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
njerry said:

Nancy

Wow. Why do you think bullying is up??

OP
N

njerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. I'll be hitting the search function a lot. My school sees a lot of cyber bullying, theft of and misuse of electronics. Add raw emotion and a super-sized helping of hormones and you've got yourself all ingredients necessary for a Hallmark, after-school-special. The admiral is quite right!

Nice to meet you all!
Nancy

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
njerry said:
Thank you for the welcome. I'll be hitting the search function a lot. My school sees a lot of cyber bullying, theft of and misuse of electronics. Add raw emotion and a super-sized helping of hormones and you've got yourself all ingredients necessary for a Hallmark, after-school-special. The admiral is quite right!

Nice to meet you all!
Nancy

Cyber bullying, theft of electronics, etc., I still can't wrap my head around kids with all of this access. Hmmmmmm... You have a tough job mi'lady!! Labor of love.

Most reactions

Latest posts