What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the Mini

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad mini is great. It'll be perfect with the retina display and an A6 CPU. The only thing I is sometimes from android is the different on screen keyboard options and the "back" button built into the GUI

StillYas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you all clearly 'love the Mini' this may not be the place to seek this advice, but if you also own the fully-sized iPad I am interested in knowing which of the two you prefer, and why. I intend to purchase one or the other (although if I decide on the Mini I may wait for the next gen and hope for a retina display). I plan to use the iPad / Mini primarily for reading magazines and surfing the web, and I would probably never take it out of the house.

I gotta iPad 3 and the mini and in short(no pun intended), if you are not taking it out of the house get iPad 4.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boy, lots of differing opinions on the mini or the big. I actually like both. I take my big to work (I have apple care+ on it in case I drop it in a meeting or something). I using my mini at the moment as I sit having a meal and drinking coffee. At this point in time, if I could only have one it would be the big. But I expect this to change once the retina display mini comes out. A retina screen on the mini would be nice. Even though I can read my screen just fine as it is right now, only a nut job would not want a lovely retina screen if the option were available. Of course, final decisions will be made once we know the exact details on the next models. Remember, the iPad 3 got heavier and warmed in use compared to the iPad 2. I don't want my mini to gain too much weight or it won't be so mini anymore. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a mini as well as several full size iPads. I've had no issues with using either size.

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just sold my 1st gen iPad and purchased a Mini. I only used my first iPad to read books, surf the net and play a few games. It really began to get slow and I figured after 2.5 years it was time for an upgrade. I really love the look, size, and feel of the mini. I also love all of the features it has that I didn't with the original. I'm going to hold on to it. If I decide to upgrade again later in the year, based on some of the latest speculations, I promised my daughter I would give her this one.

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you all clearly 'love the Mini' this may not be the place to seek this advice, but if you also own the fully-sized iPad I am interested in knowing which of the two you prefer, and why. I intend to purchase one or the other (although if I decide on the Mini I may wait for the next gen and hope for a retina display). I plan to use the iPad / Mini primarily for reading magazines and surfing the web, and I would probably never take it out of the house.
Hi cinderbob,
I've owned every iPad but the last. I found that the Retina display on he 3rd Gen was not necessary for me and I'm 65. I have purchased the iPad Mini, and find it works great for me. Easier to take with me and easier to use in bed for reading, and web surfing. If I need a larger screen, I use my iMac at my recliner. As to the 3rd Gen iPad, it just sits there on the charger, unused since buying the Mini. For magazines, you may want the full size iPad, as you must zoom to read them on mini. IBooks works fine with Mini though, as well as Web Surfing and Videos.
Unkei

Bearg001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the mini is so easy to use, i love the mini because it is better to play game with the mini. how it can be improve ? i don't know and you ?

KeithG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really a tablet type person at all. Or I never used to be. I had the iphone 4, and upgraded to the 5 a few months back, so I'm used to the OS and find it easy and fuss-free. When I did decide to get a pad, just something to have around the house, to sit back on the sofa and chill, I knew it'd have to be an ipad. Decided on the mini, and have been very impressed with it so far. To begin with I was only using it casually, the odd blast of a game or just going on Facebook ... now I find I'm carrying it around the house with me, and not using the laptop nearly as much! It really is a neat little thing, and it doesn't bother me whatsoever that it doesn't have retina, no big deal, games and apps still look amazing.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an iPhone 4 last year and then an iPad 3 to try tablets... loved that. Got a Mini recently, and now I am thinking seriously about selling the 3. The Mini is so portable in purse or pocket, and with a cranky back, weight matters. Lack of retina display is not a factor for me either - the screen is just fine. Very pleased with this new little gadget!

I have everything synched to my Google account - calendar, contacts, email - so my iPhone, desk PC, tablets, all agree. Excellent setup. No WiFi at home, so I backup to my PC via USB and use Panera's WiFi now and then to do updates and to backup to the cloud... (good food too!) :)

I'm not really a tablet type person at all. Or I never used to be. I had the iphone 4, and upgraded to the 5 a few months back, so I'm used to the OS and find it easy and fuss-free. When I did decide to get a pad, just something to have around the house, to sit back on the sofa and chill, I knew it'd have to be an ipad. Decided on the mini, and have been very impressed with it so far. To begin with I was only using it casually, the odd blast of a game or just going on Facebook ... now I find I'm carrying it around the house with me, and not using the laptop nearly as much! It really is a neat little thing, and it doesn't bother me whatsoever that it doesn't have retina, no big deal, games and apps still look amazing.

Most reactions

Latest posts