What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost source files retrieval

tixrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got some new music onto my computer and added it to the ipad in unrealbook. Then my hard drive died (Computer not ipad. ) There were a few days that did not get backed up because my main computer was so slow I needed to shut everything down including backup just to clean it up enough to take it to the shop. Well now I have a new hard drive and restored from my latest backup. A few things are missing, for example.... Now there are some sheets on the ipad that are NOT on the computer.

#1. Is there any way to easily identify them? I kinda don't think so, because I put all new music in a "NEW MUSIC TO ADD" folder, then add it, after that I normally file it by genre. So I don't know how the ipad would find it to compare.
#2. Is there any way to put them back on the computer if I somehow manage to identify them? According to what I read "synch" only goes one way. Anyway, unrealbook has it's own stash and apparently does not "synch" like music does. Can I sneak 'em into a drop box or something?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is the online manual for Unrealbook: Using unrealBook

A page or two down you will see you have several share and export items under the Action button/menu. It doesn't show a picture, but this button usually looks like a box with and arrow coming out of it.

Poke around and you'll likely find it. Pay special attention to file/document list/view pages. An Edit button often reals select and share options/icons as well.

Good luck.

Oh, here's their main page as well, in case you need to ask them more questions.
unrealBook for iPad

Most reactions