What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost some photos sending to computer from iPhone

SALLY724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I googled "trasferred photos from iPhone to iTunes and lost some" and ended up here. I tried to sync my iPhone 4 for the first time after 11 months and over 2,000 photos and it looked like they transferred but upon further inspection I'm missing some that I very much wanted to print. Is anyone aware of a way to "restore" these to my iPhone from the computer? I have a PC with Vista. I've read it may be hidden in a file somewhere, but searched the date the photos I want were taken and searched .jpg and didn't find them. Thank you! Sally724

EnidRosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they will not be lost, even if they are, so you can use some data recovery app to recover them. There are solutions for you to recover your iPhone photos.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they didn't transfer to your computer and they have been deleted from your iPhone, they cannot, unfortunately, be recovered, despite what data recovery websites say.

I

islandman

This may help. My son-in-law has photo's on his iphone and asked me how he could transfer them to his laptop, for easy viewing and selecting for printing. Although he has now decided on his course of action ie plug into machine at photographic shop where all pics are displayed on screen and he selects which he wishes to prin. Before that came along, I asked on another forum and received some replies which might help:-

*"Try dropbox - or maybe better google drive? ... both are accessible by all platforms ... and once they're uploaded you have them for easy viewing or sharing.

Another option would be the (in) famous twits or farcebook ... or one of the online photo sites such as photobucket. You can tie the security down on all the online options to keep it all private"

Another option here,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Fe...d+adapter+to+u

Copy the pics to the USB flash drive and upload to a PC. Not having an iPad I am assuming that apple let you down load stuff,but there is a possibility they restrict downloading the stuff you own as they seem to have a thing about controlling how you use your kit.

I reckon they do this so you can't save/back up stuff you have paid for from the apple store or maybe they are worried that people will make copies.
rolleyes.gif

PS .. Just had a Google and perhaps you can download to USB because they do this docking lead for iPad to PC downloads which may suit the purpose better than using a flash drive.

http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Phot...-to-a-Computer

Most reactions

Latest posts