1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Lost pictures

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by connie1105, Oct 9, 2012.

1. connie1105

connie1105 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Help! I had all my pictures together. I went to put them in their own files. I hit delete, to get them off my main page and I ended up deleting all of them. Is there a trash bin that I can retrieve them?
  2. dougrogers

dougrogers iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    You had your pictures together, where? In what app?

The iPad 'file' system does not use files or folders. Unless you were in particular app that uses that metaphor

What main page?

No.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we don't know how to help you without knowing a bit more about where you were doing what you said you were doing. I did accidentally delete some photos once. I managed to recover them from a backup on my computer. What kind of backup systems are you using? In iPhoto? Using photo streaming? Are you on a Mac or a PC? When did you last sync your iPad? To your computer? Streaming to iCloud?
  3. connie1105

connie1105 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in photos. I was moving pictures to albums. I hit delete because I thought they were copied in their own album but lost them all albums were empty. On the I Pads home page on the bottom screen next to icon mail and Safari you will see photo icon
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,980 / 1
    If you have been backing up, and you have not backed up since (either to iTune or iCloud) you may be able to get your pictures back by restoring from Backup. It's an all or nothing restore, so make sure any other important documents, pictures, etc are saved elsewhere before; just in case they don't come back.

iCloud: Backup and restore overview
    iTunes: About iOS backups

If you have the backup in iTunes on a computer, there are third party programs that may be able to extract your photos from that backup file. Be careful not to overwrite it by syncing again.
  5. connie1105

connie1105 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thanks.
  6. dougrogers

dougrogers iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Be aware, also, that you are not moving anything anywhere when you 'move' a picture into an album. You are actually only changing some information about it.

So, 'moving' a photo into an album adds a sorting label to the filing system. It doesn't move it anywhere. It doesn't copy it. It doesn't duplicate it. It just changes the label.