What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost picture folder

pam f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved a picture folder with iTunes from my PC to iPad 2 no problems worked great , a new pic folder I moved today went ok but the first folder has disappeared ,any one else had this happen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is a sync operation, not a copy. That means iTunes tries to keep the folders/albums on your iPad the same as what you have selected for syncing in iTunes. By choosing a new folder you are not telling iTunes, add this folder also. You are saying, I want this folder instead of the other one.

To sync more than one folder of pictures, put both folders that you want to sync into another folder, and choose that folder to sync. Once you do so you will have the option to sync all sub-folders in the main folder, or just selected folders. To add another album/folder, just create a new folder int he main folder and add pictures to it. iTunes will make the change automatically on the next sync.

I recommend creating a main folder and one level of subfolders (more will not sync), then placing copies of the pictures you want to sync in the respective folders. Each subfolder will become an album in Photos on the iPad.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

Another thing to keep in mind is the only way to remove albums synced through iTunes is to remove them from the folders on the computer, or change the sync settings in iTunes, and sync again. You can not delete this kind of album or the pictures in it directly on the iPad.

OP
pam f

pam f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast answer ,what you say makes sense gonna try it later today

OP
pam f

pam f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI TWERPPOET, I tried what you suggested with a main folder containing 2 subfiles each named seperatly , they synced ok all 379 pics but they ended all in one album I was hoping the 2 subfiles would be 2 albums. I am still further ahead than I was yesterday ,all this is new to me so thanks again for your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HI TWERPPOET, I tried what you suggested with a main folder containing 2 subfiles each named seperatly , they synced ok all 379 pics but they ended all in one album I was hoping the 2 subfiles would be 2 albums. I am still further ahead than I was yesterday ,all this is new to me so thanks again for your help

That's strange. Make sure you have the Albums tab selected when looking for separate albums. The Photos tab shows all photos, regardless of where they're stored in the app.

Most reactions