What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my school issued iPad, paid for it. Now....

Creativeness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now of course it got it returned to me!!!! Grrr. Was going home and I stupidly left it on the bus. That was back in September. I was liable for it and had to pay for it. Now I come home to find it through my mail slot. Note from metro saying "this was found while cleaning our buses, we found your personal tablet and a card with your name and address. We have returned this to you with one our drivers. Happy Holidays!!".

I called my old school and they refuse to give me a refund. Now what? Am I stuck with a iPad that if anything goes wrong with I have to deal with it? I was hoping that now cause I'm stuck with it I could get the dusty screen replaced, but im afraid if I bring it in with this HUGE "property of Seattle school district" engraving on it, they will take it from me, and I will be out what I had to pay for it.

Pretty much my school has my money and since it was months ago won't give a refund even if I do return it. I don't live anywhere near the college either "250 miles away", so it's not like I can confront them about it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ask the school for a receipt if you didn't get one. You effectively bought the iPad when you lost it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also ask them for a 'transferal of ownership', it is there legal right to supply one as the property was transferred to yourself when you made the final payment.

Chris

In the U.S., the receipt would serve as proof of ownership. We're talking about an iPad, not a car, house, stocks or such.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky. You now own an iPad that you paid for. Better then paying for it and not having it returned. Count your blessings.

Most reactions