What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my notes

gourdhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have an iPad and I purchased my wife one recently. We decided to utilize the same Apple ID.
after I copied all of my contents to hers, I deleted the notes from her iPad, and found out they were deleted from mine.
Is there some way I can retrieve them?
Thanks

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huge mistake using same AppleID. Change hers to something else and start over. You will confuse iTunes and syncing will have inpredictable results.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It is not a huge mistake to use the same apple Id and syncing should not be unpredictable, we just need to figure out what the OP actually did.

I have 4 devices sharing the same Id and syncing to the same library and have no problems having different or the same content on each device. You just have to setup each device correctly.

What the op might want to do is share an apple Id for store purchases but have separate ids for iCloud syncing.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If two devices share the same ID and notes via iCloud the notes are gone when deleted off both devices as they are in synch

Most reactions

Latest posts