1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Lost my Library

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by FoodDude, Oct 1, 2011.

1. FoodDude

FoodDude iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had to do a restore on my iPad2 and the books in my iBooks library disappeared. I figured no problem, just download them again. But when I try to dl from Smashwords I can't. They keep trying to open in my vault app. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    FD
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 1
    First the books must be unprotected (no DRM) ePub or PDF files for you to import them into iBooks. The files must have the right suffixes. If they are compressed as zip files, then you'd need to download them in an app that can uncompress them first.

If the downloaded books won't Open In iBooks from Safari, try using GoodReader (if you have it) to go to the site and download them. Then use Open In to copy them to iBooks. There are other options. You could even let them go into your Vault app and see if you can use Open In to copy them to iBooks from there.

I don't use SmashWords, so I can't be more specific. Sorry.