What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my Library

FoodDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to do a restore on my iPad2 and the books in my iBooks library disappeared. I figured no problem, just download them again. But when I try to dl from Smashwords I can't. They keep trying to open in my vault app. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
FD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First the books must be unprotected (no DRM) ePub or PDF files for you to import them into iBooks. The files must have the right suffixes. If they are compressed as zip files, then you'd need to download them in an app that can uncompress them first.

If the downloaded books won't Open In iBooks from Safari, try using GoodReader (if you have it) to go to the site and download them. Then use Open In to copy them to iBooks. There are other options. You could even let them go into your Vault app and see if you can use Open In to copy them to iBooks from there.

I don't use SmashWords, so I can't be more specific. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts