What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my latest entries in Notes. Please help!

pompeyoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Notes a lot and it was working fine ever since I bought my Ipad 2 last year but when I opened it this morning some of my stuff were gone! The newest note is dated Dec 8, 2012 so I figure everything I did since then is now lost. How did this happen? Did I do something wrong? I have it backed up to my yahoo email add and I do see all the latest notes in my yahoo account. Is there any way I can restore the data without retyping the whole thing?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Notes a lot and it was working fine ever since I bought my Ipad 2 last year but when I opened it this morning some of my stuff were gone! The newest note is dated Dec 8, 2012 so I figure everything I did since then is now lost. How did this happen? Did I do something wrong? I have it backed up to my yahoo email add and I do see all the latest notes in my yahoo account. Is there any way I can restore the data without retyping the whole thing?

Try this first, it clears out RAM and cache and helps apps to work normally. Double press the Home button when the icons currently in memory will appear below in the task bar. Then hold down on any one of them until they all start to wiggle. Then delete them all with the minus sign and then restart your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
P

pompeyoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this first, it clears out RAM and cache and helps apps to work normally. Double press the Home button when the icons currently in memory will appear below in the task bar. Then hold down on any one of them until they all start to wiggle. Then delete them all with the minus sign and then restart your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding so quickly but that was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look and see if you have two active accounts on notes. Mine are named iCloud and Gmail. One syncs across all devices, the other is local only. Could be you have two and only have one selected. If so, set it to All Notes.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

OP
P

pompeyoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look and see if you have two active accounts on notes. Mine are named iCloud and Gmail. One syncs across all devices, the other is local only. Could be you have two and only have one selected. If so, set it to All Notes.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

How do I check? Unlike the Notes on my Ipod Touch, I don't see the Accounts tab at the top left.

OP
P

pompeyoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since my Notes is not turned on for iCloud then does it mean I only have one account? If so then setting it to All Notes won't really work, will it?

Most reactions

Latest posts