What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my data when upgrading.

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn you! Drop me if you want, but I cannot trust my iPad2 any more.

I lost my notes and contact info since the upgrade and reset, per instructions.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you make a backup before you upgraded and reset the iPad? If yes, you can put the information in that backup back onto the iPad...

Also, I've moved your post over to the general iPad discussion forum where it may receive better attention; it really isn't a news submission post (which is the forum where it started...).

Marilyn

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. It is unfortunate you lost data, however the iPad is not the issue here. If you have created important information on your iPad that you need and cannot afford to loose it is essential to do some sort of backup. It is not difficult to back up the iPad data and many options exist. Apple makes it easy by providing iCloud as a means of backing up and or via iTunes on a computer. One can also use email back up as well depending on the app you use
I am curious what you lost. Please give us more information.....so,we may be able to assist. As Marylyn stated did you by any chance on next the iPad to your computer to do a restore?

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will have to check my PC to see if I backed it up. I do not use iCloud as the security is not the best under current conditions (like, NSA, etc.) I lost my data in Notes & Contacts. It looks like everything else is intact.

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you make a backup before you upgraded and reset the iPad? If yes, you can put the information in that backup back onto the iPad... Also, I've moved your post over to the general iPad discussion forum where it may receive better attention; it really isn't a news submission post (which is the forum where it started...). Marilyn
Thank you. I am trying to use your App. But it is hard to submit new threads. (At least for this old geezer!)

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I am trying to restore my iPad through iTunes! But, it is the most horrible App. As it does not allow you to cancel syncing before you restore. For this, I am at the mercy of Apple. I guess I must forget it and use my PC.

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, I am using my iPad to respond to this post as my iPad2 is still syncing. How dare you!

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I trust either my iPad2 or iTunes? My Notes and Contacts are back! Oh well, on with the show....

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How can I trust either my iPad2 or iTunes? My Notes and Contacts are back! Oh well, on with the show....

When you connect the iPad to your PC and open iTunes, before you can manage any files through iTunes, you are required to trust that PC, but its up to you. You get a prompt.

OP
O

olinr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I am beyond that!

I got a message that iTunes could not be identified properly... I tried my five computers without success. Now, I am out of computers: dumb me, or Apple!

On my last computer I got a message that my iPad was disconnected. ITunes still kept syncing, so here is another stupid thing about iTunes. I guess I will forget it and put a .45 through each one, then go to Android!!

Most reactions

Latest posts