What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost icon

Bbcarr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mistakenly deleted my Yahoo Weather and when I tried to get it back, it'll open when I go to Yahoo or through the App Store, but I can't restore the icon for it. Anyone have a suggestion?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Swipe down in the middle of the home screen, then enter the app's name in the search box. The app should show up in the Application results. If it's hiding in a folder that will be listed to the right of the app, and hopefully help you find the missing icon. You can also launch apps from here, if you want to.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429231345.368390.jpg

If you still can find the app, then it's probably easiest to just delete re-instal it. At least in this case where you don't have to worry about losing any important data.

Go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage (in the Storage section). Once the list appears, find your app, tap on it, then delete the app. You may have to tap on Show More at the bottom of the list if it's does not appear near the top.

Now go back to the App Store and re-install it.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find that apps installed usually put the icon on the first available "page" where there is a free slot. Try swiping right to left to display the other "pages" of icons. If needed the icon can then be moved to a more convenient location - mine is in the icon tray at the bottom of the screen and is available whenever I need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts