What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost documents on ipad2 after sync

becks78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to post something which has prob been bought up numerous times but just getting myself more confused.

I synced my iPad with my laptop for the first time this week (had iPad for 6mths but was reluctant to sync as when I did iPod with laptop I lost all my music). To start with I lost all of my apps, books etc. I somehow managed to get these back but have lost all the documents I created. I checked in iWork's on iCloud but only one that I tried since the sync is there, I thought all docs were automatically updated to iCloud?

The apps are all showing on my laptop but no documents.

Anyway, had some really important docs, is there anyway of recovering them? Tried a download from supercrazyawesome.com but unable to open it.

Help?!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad only syncs your iWorks documents to iCloud if you set it up. You have to turn on Documents and Data in the iCloud settings, then turn on Use iCloud on the the app's settings.

If your documents are in iCloud you should be able to see and download them from icloud.com using a computer.

Otherwise you documents were in the backup and should have been restored when you Restored From Backup. If you have not done a backup since losing the documents you can try Restore From Backup again.

If the are not in iCloud, the Backup, or saved somewhwere else manualy, they are gone.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
B

becks78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, how do I restore from backup? When I go into settings I can see a bit to backup but not to restore?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
becks78 said:
Sorry, how do I restore from backup? When I go into settings I can see a bit to backup but not to restore?

See this image, it shows you where the option is to restore from backup.

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-421500215.jpg
    image-421500215.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 290

Most reactions

Latest posts