What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Data

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I download i tunes in my new laptop and sync with i pad and i lost all my pics , I works data...ect. how can i get them back?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the club of those hit by the iTunes build in Sync Virus.
It is a known fact , that You never ever put a sign on automatic SYNC on any thing except the Application. Make all the rest Manual.
In you case I am sure you put a sign for automatic sync your photos, but it was pointing to an Empty folder on your PC. That was as if ypu instructed iTunes to delete all photos from you iPAD.
(see my permanent signature down below - It is an educational one)

OP
A

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
Welcome to the club of those hit by the iTunes build in Sync Virus.
It is a known fact , that You never ever put a sign on automatic SYNC on any thing except the Application. Make all the rest Manual.
In you case I am sure you put a sign for automatic sync your photos, but it was pointing to an Empty folder on your PC. That was as if ypu instructed iTunes to delete all photos from you iPAD.
(see my permanent signature down below - It is an educational one)

Yes that's what happened...any way to fix it?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I know of any.
Wait and see what will happen with iPAD-2, when people rake pictures on the iPAD, and perform a sync...
Although I assume it put all photos on the main folder, which is the only folder that wouldn't be erased by iTunes, even when synced with enpty PC.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you still have your old laptop. They should still be there; you could copy them to your new laptop, either to the "automatic" folder or on you designate.

Most reactions

Latest posts