What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Data

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I download i tunes in my new laptop and sync with i pad and i lost all my pics , I works data...ect. how can i get them back?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - OK - you say you synched with your new laptop. But you must have synched the iPad with another computer previously - you need an initial sync for a new iPad when you first switch it on. Does that other computer have all your photos and apps on it?

One rule that most members follow - sync your iPad with only one computer.

So, if the other computer is available, resync with that one and everything should be restored.

Get back to us if this answer doesn't solve your problem.

Tim
Scotland

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can only "Sync" with one PC unless you set it up to manually manage stuff like music, video's.
If you sync with a new PC, everything is cleared out and stuff from the new PC is loaded on the ipad.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't done this in a while so could be wrong but I seem to remember when I did a first sync to a new computer I clicked on TRANSFER PURCHASES before I synced

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The following article from apple goes through the process of backing up and seting up a new device. If you have access to the original computer that you had synced with you should be able to recover the data.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137 How to back up your data and set up as a new device

Pagliacci

Pagliacci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can find a backup from the location discussed in the previous article i mentioned you should be able to copy that over to the new computer and do a restore from that. This is not the restore in the summary pane for the ipad in itune. You need to control click the ipad in itunes and you will get an option to restore from backup, you can then select which backup to restore from. You can also transfer purchases.

Pagliacci

OP
A

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Very useful info.

Most reactions