What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost calendar

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
today my calendar just disapeared any suggestions

Hello Electra.... - welcome to the forum! :)

For your opening post, there is little information to provide advice; just for starters, provide the following: 1) What iPad do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; 3) Is your iPad being sync in iCloud; 4) Did this occur after a recent iOS update/upgrade; and 5) Have you been backing up your iPad to iCloud and/or a computer w/ iTunes - thanks. Dave

OP
E

electra2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Electra.... - welcome to the forum! :)

For your opening post, there is little information to provide advice; just for starters, provide the following: 1) What iPad do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; 3) Is your iPad being sync in iCloud; 4) Did this occur after a recent iOS update/upgrade; and 5) Have you been backing up your iPad to iCloud and/or a computer w/ iTunes - thanks. Dave
1 model 7f2b/8. 2. 12.1.1. 3. Yes. 4. Oh yes! 5. No.

I got it back after many tries of all sorts of things hard turn off sendiing self emails have 2 older ipads so did all sorts tried to find the app in the store found one that looked similar installed it and all came back. my oldest ipad the mail app cannot be deleted so pulled that up also.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1 model 7f2b/8. 2. 12.1.1. 3. Yes. 4. Oh yes! 5. No.
I got it back after many tries of all sorts of things hard turn off sendiing self emails have 2 older ipads so did all sorts tried to find the app in the store found one that looked similar installed it and all came back. my oldest ipad the mail app cannot be deleted so pulled that up also.

Hi again - first, your iPad's model number is not correct (or at least I cannot find a match) - the number is on the back of the iPad (but hard to see) and can also be found in Settings -> General -> About; this Apple Support Article can help; and finally, if you find the correct number, enter it in the 'Lookup Tab' of the EveryMac Website.

Second, your message above is confusing since your original post was about the Calendar app and not Mail - tell us whether or not you have the Calendar back on your newest iPad - in iOS 12.x, the Calendar app can be deleted but easily added back via the App store (see pic below - a top hit in my search) - if your calendar events where synced to the cloud previously I would suspect you can retrieve them - let us know if these assumptions are correct. Thanks - Dave

P.S. Calendar is on my iPad, thus the 'Open' badge to the top right; if the app was on your iPad and was deleted for whatever reason, a 'Cloud' would be in that location for download; however, if 'Get' is the message, then you need to download.
IMG_4277.PNG

OP
E

electra2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again - first, your iPad's model number is not correct (or at least I cannot find a match) - the number is on the back of the iPad (but hard to see) and can also be found in Settings -> General -> About; this Apple Support Article can help; and finally, if you find the correct number, enter it in the 'Lookup Tab' of the EveryMac Website.

Second, your message above is confusing since your original post was about the Calendar app and not Mail - tell us whether or not you have the Calendar back on your newest iPad - in iOS 12.x, the Calendar app can be deleted but easily added back via the App store (see pic below - a top hit in my search) - if your calendar events where synced to the cloud previously I would suspect you can retrieve them - let us know if these assumptions are correct. Thanks - Dave

P.S. Calendar is on my iPad, thus the 'Open' badge to the top right; if the app was on your iPad and was deleted for whatever reason, a 'Cloud' would be in that location for download; however, if 'Get' is the message, then you need to download.
View attachment 84440
The model #. MR 7F 2B/A. Always assumed calendar and mail were linked.! The app I found was the same as the one in your pic as soon as it loaded there were all my inserts back. Thanks will take a look at the EveryMac website.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The model #. MR 7F 2B/A. Always assumed calendar and mail were linked.! The app I found was the same as the one in your pic as soon as it loaded there were all my inserts back. Thanks will take a look at the EveryMac website.

Great! Not sure 'why' the Calendar app 'disappeared'? BTW, the EveryMac site w/ the lookup entry above (w/o the spaces) brought up the iPad below, i.e. the new 6th Gen one - Model A1893 - if you visit the site, then click on the iPad's name and MUCH more info will be presented on the device. Dave

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 6.53.01 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts