What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost calendar

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion to help me find my calendar info. I deleted iCloud, as I didn't really know what it was and shortly afterwards all of the info was gone. Can this be restored! Please help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to iPF!

I think you deleted your iCloud account on your iPad. If that is so, go to Settings - iCloud, and sign in again. It's easily done. If you used your Apple ID for iCloud as well, this is what you have to enter.

OP
C

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only use my iPad. I signed back into iCloud but the calendar is still empty. I didn't put the ID in when I went back into it. Thanks for the responses.

OP
C

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to add that I didn't think I needed iCloud since the iPad is all I use. Why would it delete my info?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should look like this:

image-1184070783.jpg

If iCloud is not installed/gets deleted on your iPad, all the entries in your calendar disappear.
As you may see on my picture almost everything is stored and backed up to iCloud.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you sync your data with iCloud, and then turn it off, the iPad should ask you if you want to keep the data on the iPad or delete it. Either way, it should not delete the data from iCloud itself.

To see if your Calendar data actually made it to iCloud to begin with, to to icloud.com in a computer browser (not on the iPad) and sign in with your iCloud or Apple ID. They are probably the same, but might not be, depending on how you created the iCloud account in the first place.

OP
C

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my iCloud seens to have 5gb storage so it won't back up my iPad. Do I really need it if I'm not sharing info on different devices? It says I never backed up. IPad is 64gb.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So my iCloud seens to have 5gb storage so it won't back up my iPad. Do I really need it if I'm not sharing info on different devices? It says I never backed up. IPad is 64gb.

5 GB storage in iCloud are free. It doesn't take space on your iPad.
If you didn't backup your iPad to iCloud, do you use iTunes on your computer for backup? Did you ever do a backup since you started using your device?

OP
C

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really not schooled in this. I have plugged into iTunes on my PC. Does that back it up? It's been a while though so all my current info probably won't be there. I guess I'll have to start putting everything back in manually. Then should I back up on my computer?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It says no enough space when I tried to back up to iCloud.

My two iPads are backed up to iCloud, and I still have half of the storage left. Did you sign in to your iCloud account?

If you are, can you see this in Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup:

image-3251283336.jpg

You see here (arrow) how much space is left in iCloud.

If it doesn't work, try to connect your iPad to your computer, perhaps there's a backup there without you knowing it.
Perhaps this may be helpful:

About iTunes: http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/

About iCloud: http://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/

Last edited:
OP
C

Charlieduckets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help, I'm starting over. Hopefully I have learned something!

Most reactions