What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Apps

sneglia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently updated to the OS5 on my iPad 1. It took me 3 tries to update the iPad. On the 3rd try I followed the trouble shooting tip and it updated in no time. I went to use one of my apps that I have had for awhile and it was gone. (Numbers) Also some of my newer apps are gone. How do I get them back? Does anyone know how to restore them from the app store? I need them for my classes.

Please help!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently updated to the OS5 on my iPad 1. It took me 3 tries to update the iPad. On the 3rd try I followed the trouble shooting tip and it updated in no time. I went to use one of my apps that I have had for awhile and it was gone. (Numbers) Also some of my newer apps are gone. How do I get them back? Does anyone know how to restore them from the app store? I need them for my classes.

Please help!!!

Here you go...

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

BTW, I moved your post to the iPF Help area where it may help those that follow.

Last edited:
OP
S

sneglia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sneglia said:
Thanks, can you give me a step by step how to. I do not want to screw anything up since I need them for class tomorrow.

Please, please!!

The link you sent me has a URL error, I can not open it.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The link you sent me has a URL error, I can not open it.

The link seems to be working fine. Here it is again:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Click on the fifth drop-down link, " To download previously purchased apps, books..." for the step-by-step process.

EDIT: I see that the link works fine in a normal web browser, but seems to have some kind of issue in our iPF App. I've turned the title retrieval feature off. This link should work for you if you're using the iPF App on your iPad or iPhone...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Basically if you want to do this on your iPad you open the App Store App, log in and in the bottom toolbar click on "Purchased", on that page click on "Not on this iPad". If an app that you purchased (Numbers for instance) is not installed you can click on the cloud symbol next to it and download it. That should do it.

Last edited:

EHS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to ios on my iPad 1 and have lost most of my applications. Following what Rich said in the last entry i.e. goto apps store, I can see all the lost apps. If I redownload the apps, will I be able to retrieve the associated data?
Thanks in anticipation.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to ios on my iPad 1 and have lost most of my applications. Following what Rich said in the last entry i.e. goto apps store, I can see all the lost apps. If I redownload the apps, will I be able to retrieve the associated data?
Thanks in anticipation.
Possibly if you haven't backed up your iPad since upgrading. You can try doing a restore from backup...

Prior to connecting your iPad open iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically. " Then connect your iPad and follow the restore from backup instructions:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

EHS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich. Thanks for your response.The main app I was worried about was Codesign database. I went onto Apps Store purchased, redownloaded the app, and the data was there! This suggests the upgrade to ios 5 removed the apps but not the data? Thanks again for your help and I hope sneglia got up and running again.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich. Thanks for your response.The main app I was worried about was Codesign database. I went onto Apps Store purchased, redownloaded the app, and the data was there! This suggests the upgrade to ios 5 removed the apps but not the data? Thanks again for your help and I hope sneglia got up and running again.
Excellent to hear! Yes, prior to upgrading to iOS 5 a backup is made of all of the data on your iPad. Once the upgrade is completed it should restore everything. Why it didn't restore the app is anyone's guess. Glad you were able to recover your data though.

Most reactions

Latest posts