What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost apps on iPad

Reedijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to "reset" my iPad; everything except my apps is back. When I try to sync the apps the message says that they can't be found. My iPod Touch still has the apps. How can I fix that?

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reedijk said:
I had to "reset" my iPad; everything except my apps is back. When I try to sync the apps the message says that they can't be found. My iPod Touch still has the apps. How can I fix that?

If you have done a previous sync you can restore from previous backup. If you never synced or didnt sync in a while, new apps won't be available.

Alternately if the ipod apps have been synced, they should be available on your desktop computer. You can manually set up a sync choosing which apps to sync.

Another method is to reinstall one by one. I did this when I got my new iPhone because the old phone had stopped syncing and it was the fastest way to get er done...

Took about 45 minutes to search each app in itunes, hit install then search the next one. Of course you don't have to wait for each app to load, they just queue up.

Oh - one more cool method is open appstore on the ipad, hit purchased and then run the filters by ipad vs iphone and then "not on this ipad" - you should see everything you purchased in the past that is not on the ipad.

In all cases except the first your data will likely be gone. i.e. docs, content, books, movies, etc.. If you purchased those on itunes you can run the same "purchased" feature in the itunes app.

OP
R

Reedijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the response. I did click on Purchased in iTunes and downloaded them all over again and still it won't install the apps. And the apps all show up individually as "downloaded" and somehow it won't let me download them that way again. I'm sure I'm missing something here but I can't figure out what it is. All my other data were saved: books, contacts, calendar, music, photos all went fine. It's just the apps. Could someone tell me how to find them on the Mac computer?

Most reactions