What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost apps during syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardsray10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the first user of Apple product, iPad 2. I always download a lot of apps from cydia. however, when i enter iTunes, all the apps would be remove cleary. I was confused, why this happend and how to avoid it ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you misunderstand how jailbreak apps work, or if there is something more sinister here.

The applications and tweaks you install or purchase through Cydia do NOT get backed up or removed by iTunes ever. They are completely separate and do not interfere with the syncing process. If however, you have allowed iTunes to update or restore your iPad then you will lose everything to do with your jailbreak. It does not sound from your description as though that is what is happening.

The only apps that would get removed when you sync are pirated apps which you have illegally sourced. If that is the case, I suggest you read our rules quickly. They are linked in my sig. We do not support or condone piracy here, so you will get no additional help to resolve your problem if that is what it is...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts