What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost all my systems icons off my ipad

Mtbnanna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I have lost settings, camera, email and a host more off my ipad. I have turned off and on, swiped left and right and looked in folders, and also held down home and power to bring apple icon but nothing. I know something must be there because if I swipe down from the top I can see email messages however if I click on them nothing or when I connected my ipad to my desk top my photos transferred over however I cannot access via an icon thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your iPad jailbroken? Have you tried rebooting your iPad? Press and hold both the home and power buttons I til the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which iOS is installed on your iPad? With iOS 10 Public Beta or Developer Beta, it's possible to remove some of the built in apps from the homescreen.

OP
M

Mtbnanna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad jailbroken? Have you tried rebooting your iPad? Press and hold both the home and power buttons I til the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.
Thanks but have done this and nothing

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe Settings is one of the delectable apps ion iOS 10.

I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as duplicate posting can confuse the issue and make following the topic frustrating. For this reason we do not allow multiple threads on the same topic or question.

OP
M

Mtbnanna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which iOS is installed on your iPad? With iOS 10 Public Beta or Developer Beta, it's possible to remove some of the built in apps from the homescreen.
Sorry but I wouldnt know this

OP
M

Mtbnanna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe Settings is one of the delectable apps ion iOS 10.

I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as duplicate posting can confuse the issue and make following the topic frustrating. For this reason we do not allow multiple threads on the same topic or question.
Cool, I realised I had done this and tried to delete but thank you. Anyway settings has gone!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you back up your iPad through iTunes on your computer? If so, do it and restore your iPad and set it up as a new iPad and see if the missing icons are back. Next, connect to iTunes again and do another restore, this time setting up the iPad from the backup you made. If the icons are missing in the restored iPad whether or not you restore as a new iPad or from the backup, it means that there's likely a hardware issue with your iPad. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store would be able to tell.

Most reactions