What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost a whole folder of apps on my iPad

Eternity21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After upgrading the IOS 11 I noticed a had a folder of apps on the dock. I did 't want them there so I tried to drag the folder back to the screen and they all disappeared. If I search for them I can access them but they are no longer in a folder or on the screen as a shortcut to the app.

ITunes is already up graded to 12.7 unfortunately. When I try to get them from the app store it seems to think I have them already.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try deleting them and reinstalling. You can access them from Storage in Settings and delete from there.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was that the Files Folder you removed? If so, look for a folder called Files, which may look as though it contains apps, but actually contains the files generated with the apps.
Failing that, do a home button - power button reset and wait for the apple logo to appear.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the interests of checking what happens when a folder is put in the dock, wrt the first post here, I put my Files folder in the dock, then dragged it back to the home page.

I wish I hadn’t done that! Now my Files Folder is screwed up. The Files Folder is there, but often it does not show any files either on my ipad or on the iCloud, Dropbox, thebox, etc. and to get them back I have to do an ipad reset.

Something appears to be totally messed up with ios11.0.2!

Most reactions

Latest posts