What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of wifi

Iamagog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am a new member to this site although I have had an iPad Air for some while.
All of a sudden as soon as I leave the iPad, I lose WiFi and become unconnected until I go to settings and connect again. This is a fag. I have another iPad 2 which is fine and other devices which are ok.
What have I done and how can I correct it?. I have rebooted to no avail and my updates are up to date. Is there something from the latest software which I am not aware of.
Hope to hear from someone

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
it maybe that you will have to delete the wifi network settings; do a reset and then reinstall. A bit of a pain to do it, so I suggest taking screenshots of the settings first.

I hope that this helps you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you go to the WiFi settings on your iPad for your network, do you have Auto-Join turned on? If not you will have to go into settings to manually select it just as you're currently doing.
10C38CB6-1FEF-4596-A5E3-C32EBC392A42.jpeg

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thought: I assume that you are trying to connect directly to a router and not to your other iPad acting as a hotspot? (The iPad/iPhone hotspot connection gave me similar problems recently.)

OP
I

Iamagog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. By going into the WiFi settings I found that Auto Join was turned off. Now appears to be working. Thank you.

OP
I

Iamagog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you go to the WiFi settings on your iPad for your network, do you have Auto-Join turned on? If not you will have to go into settings to manually select it just as you're currently doing.
View attachment 81462

Thank you. That appears to have done the trick. I don’t know why I didn’t look for that. Thank you for pointing it out.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. That appears to have done the trick. I don’t know why I didn’t look for that. Thank you for pointing it out.
You’re welcome. Thanks for letting us know. I’m glad I could be of help.

Most reactions