What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of Signal in strange.....

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....circumstances. Well it seems strange to me anyway. This morning when I woke my iPad up, a Lion advert sprang out at me. Then I noticed I had no signal and couldn't get it back until I'd done the switching off and on again routine. Not so strange if this was a one-off experience, but it has happened at least thrice. Does the Lion eat the signal for its breakfast?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app were you in at the time? Was this the Apple Lion ad that arrives in an-email?

Tim

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
What app were you in at the time? Was this the Apple Lion ad that arrives in an-email?

Tim

At last! Thought no-one cared.

I wasn't in an app I don't think. I have a routine of switching the router on when I get up, then giving it time to settle down before lifting the cover of my iPad. And yes, that's the ad in question. So there's the ad, but gone's the signal. At least 3 times. And I have to power off and on to get it back.

It's possible that Facebook was the last thing I checked the night before, although usually it's my email. So does the ad arrive in an email? If it does, it must be on my blind side!! I lift the cover and the ad pounces on me before I've had time to blink, let alone register whether I've got any new emails.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You pretty much have to be leaving some app open. Make sure you go back to the home screen (tap the Home button on the front) before putting the iPad to sleep (either by time out, closing the smart cover, or pressing the power button).

That should eliminate any adds wenn you turn it back on, and we can see if it is related to that or a more general problem with the iPad and router.

OP
Kathryn4812

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You pretty much have to be leaving some app open. Make sure you go back to the home screen (tap the Home button on the front) before putting the iPad to sleep (either by time out, closing the smart cover, or pressing the power button).

That should eliminate any adds wenn you turn it back on, and we can see if it is related to that or a more general problem with the iPad and router.

Thank you. However, the ad doesn't worry me. Nor does the fact that I lose the signal really. I am just interested in the fact that each time the ad jumped out, the signal went. It hasn't happened any other time. (I hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that.). I wondered if it happened to others.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kathryn4812 said:
Thank you. However, the ad doesn't worry me. Nor does the fact that I lose the signal really. I am just interested in the fact that each time the ad jumped out, the signal went. It hasn't happened any other time. (I hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that.). I wondered if it happened to others.

First time I've hear of it, at least the add part. If you figure out what is going on please let us know. I, at least, am quite curious. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts