What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing wifi intermittently

LesleyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
I'm new
Just got second iPad 32 with wifi and 3G returned one as it kept dropping wi fi. This one is better but still drops and says cannot connect to server. All other devices are online with strong signal.
Any suggestions please

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting the network connections to see if that makes a difference. Some Members have found that, when they experience this problem, they tell the iPad to forget all the WiFi network connections and then re-establish them.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll suggest some other possibilities.

Tim

OP
L

LesleyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
I have reset quite a few times
I have now added the iPad mac address into my router and assigned a fixed ip. Will let you know if it works
There are loads of posts on the Internet about intermittent wifi connection on the latest iPad software so I'm clearly not alone!
Cheers L

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd suggest give the iPad a fixed ip like 192.168.0.200 and set the auto range in your DHCP SERVER (look in your router) to be below that address

OP
L

LesleyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Have set fixed ip in router and fingers crossed wifi been up longest to date
I'm using net gear g router. Would upgrading to a new n router solve issues that I have had with some new devices?

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm! Could guarantee improvements, as depends what the issue is.

Later routers do tend to have more range and better correction.

My 'trick' helps by making a short term disconnection less noticeable, because the DHCP server is not looking up and allocating a free address to the iPad every time it reconnects.

If you have a lot of local WiFi activity, your old router may be getting swamped, if you do change, don't buy the cheapest.

mal2828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new here too .... Having this problem with loss of wifi connection on ipad2.
It's only happening since I upgraded to the latest iOS which is do annoying ... It happens also sometimes with my iPhone 4s :-(

I've read here that it could be that I need to change my Reuter
I've also noticed that my laptop seems to be losing connection too - yep! possibly a problem with overloading on what could be an
Under equipped Reuter for all the Wifi systems in the house now!!

Going to consider splashing out on a new one I think!!

Very helpful forum - thanks Guys!

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What ever you do do not waste your money on buying the new one, this piece of junk will give you more wifi 3g trouble than you already have, how i miss my ipad 1 which gave me no trouble whatsoever, i admit i was one who was sucked in by apple into buying this new unreliable rubbish which in all honesty isnt much of an upgrade from the ipad 2 anyway

Most reactions

Latest posts