1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Losing exhange emails

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by montealto, May 11, 2011.

1. montealto

montealto iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone tell me why I keep losing read emails in exchange. I have set it up for the max 200 emails, but have never been able to keep more than 20-30 emails at a time. I also have the same problem in my sent folder and my other personal folders show nothing in them?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Are you using the POP or IMAP mail protocol? When you say that you're unable to 'keep more than 20-30 emails at a time', do you mean that you can only see this many although you know that there are, in reality, more than that on your email server?

Tim
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    Might be worth while to go to your Account settings in the Settings app under Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on your account and see how many days back you are set to sync your mail.

If all the mail you expect to see is in a single day, then this is probably not it. But if you're expecting to see several days of mail this could definitely make the difference.
  4. montealto

montealto iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. I misunderstood that setting. I thought that it was for how often you wanted your email to sync, so assumed 1 day meant that it would sync everyday. I've change it and all it good. Again thanks.
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    No problem.

You set you sync interval using the Fetch New Data property in Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

If you have Push turned on then all accounts that have push enabled (and their servers support it) will receive mail (almost) as soon as it is received. That works pretty well if you're mail volume is low, or you need to keep a close eye on incoming mail.

You can turn Push on and off for individual accounts using the Advanced options.

Fetch gets mail at a interval. The longest you can set it for is an hour.

However, if you set it to Manual then you will only check for email when you open Mail, or tap on the update icon at the bottom of the mailbox list.

Again, you can set manual mode in individual accounts using the Advanced options.