What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing email - when opened from another device

Wookster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I am using an IPad 2, but also a windows laptop and an Android phone - Yes, I know I should wash my mouth out !!
If I open an email on the phone or laptop, it doesnt appear on the Ipad, like wise if I open on the IPad.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Cheers

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Are you connecting to the accounts on the devices via POP3? Look in the settings on the devices as well as the settings for the email account itself at the host. If it is POP3, you need to look into using IMAP.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iPad 1 and 2, Windows laptops, Windows netbooks, an Android phone, an iPhone and a touch 4, a Kindle Fire, and I've got my email accounts set up as POP3. All my emails are accessible on each device, and stay that way unless I delete them on each device.

On iPad, iPhone and touch, I have my email accounts set up this way: Settings > whatever email account I'm using > Advanced > Remove - Never > Delete from server - Never.

I purposely set up my accounts that way because I archive emails on laptop and keep only a handful on various mobile devices. That's worked for me for years, even before iPad, because I started with an iPhone years ago.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts