What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to purchase an iPad 2...but....

Reaction score
I have a few concerns.

-I have heard there is no Java for iOS, but, there is some sort of flash app. What is that app?
-How delicate is the screen?
-Also, is there any sort of device that allows you to plug an ethernet cable into the iPad?
-How long do these last?
-Is it true the ipad cannot get viruses, unless you jailbreak it?

-WST

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WinterStormTracker said:
I have a few concerns.

-I have heard there is no Java for iOS, but, there is some sort of flash app. What is that app?
-How delicate is the screen?
-Also, is there any sort of device that allows you to plug an ethernet cable into the iPad?
-How long do these last?
-Is it true the ipad cannot get viruses, unless you jailbreak it?

-WST

Can't comment on Flash apps as I don't use them.
The screen is delicate. It won't stand a drop, but treated carefully should survive everyday use.
Never seen an Ethernet adapter, but they may exist.
The earliest iPads are still in use. They are not old enough to be wearing out yet, so at least two years.
There are no known viruses so far as stock iPads are concerned. That's not to say there won't be. It's probable that someone somewhere is trying to find a way to do it, but after more than two years of iOS, it's not looking TOO likely.

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I've had my iPad 2 since launch. Never used a screen protector. Just a case.

Same here, as mint as the day I bought it 7 months ago :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About delicacy: As with any piece of glass, I treat accordingly -- try not to drop, drop things on, pound, etc. If I drop, I figure it's sheer luck if it survives without problem.

I've had my iPad 1 for more than two years and my iPad 2 for more than a year. Both have seen heavy use (I often use two at the same time) with only a TPU back-only case, and a netbook sleeve (when I'm on the go). I don't bother with screen protectors. No probs so far.

I dropped my iPad 1 onto a tiled floor (concrete under) and it got dinged on a corner more than a year ago. No prob otherwise.

Most reactions

Latest posts