What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to JB my iPad 1 v.imanewb

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
any recommendations for an app that functions like VLC? since its gone now and seems to not be working with disp out

Sometimes they will charge your card a dollar to make sure it is a valid credit card and the charge is refunded in 24 hours.... Actually it usually disappears as if it was never there to begin with, so just to let ya know you might want to keep an eye on it cause when you go to complain it will be gone....

that would be the ideal situation if so, thanks. hopefully its a legit "test". my issue is that my account was being charged without my consent essentially.

any recommendations for an app that functions like VLC? since its gone now and seems to not be working with disp out

Xbmc?
Add the repo
Http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/iOS/ thru cydia...

essplain repo? im still a newb lol

edit: think i got the just of it...

thanks everyone for the help. no probs other than vlc issue and being "test" charged, hopefully. will recommend JB to anyone with iPad and direct them to this forum :)

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Copy the link I posted....
Open cydia
Goto the "sources" tab
Tap "edit" top right
Tap "add" top left
When the pop up shows up the paste the link....let cydia do it's thing then you'll notice a new repo (repository) on the sources tab called teamXBMC.
Goto into this repo and download both apps.
Then setup is similar to vlc...but with a much slicker interface.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i add files to xbmc?

so that i dont need to be connected to the same router as my pc

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So you want to be able to play movies stored on the iPad? I thought you installed vlc to stream movies from pc to iPad? What are the format of the movies you want to play?

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you want to be able to play movies stored on the iPad? I thought you installed vlc to stream movies from pc to iPad? What are the format of the movies you want to play?

ya theyre stored in VLC. i have vlc streamer too but my files are saved locally on ipad in vlc.

think i got it though. add source->application->found the source name for vlc and added the documents folder.

now i just need to figure out how to delete a source lol i accidentally added it twice

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
k got it by double tapping the source

How could i refresh the source? say i update my vlc files (adding a new movie say) would i have to delete source and re-add it with the new files?

Most reactions

Latest posts