What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to JB my iPad 1 v.imanewb

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think that's a problem. Progress bars are never an exact science! If Cydia runs then the jailbreak was a success. Congratulations. Now you just need to buy DisplayOut from the Cydia store.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i should have no issues in future synch? i should NOT update iPad from now on?

recommend some of your cydia favorites?

anything else i should know....

thanks again everyone. this was a great success b/c of your help.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got winterboard and changed theme to "black UPS" looks great:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the stickies. There is an ultimate list of Cydia tweaks, both free and paid. Start there...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

No issues in future sync...
Buy pkgupdate~ to help if upgrading firmware and re-jb ~ will download all your jb apps in one shot.

Look at the ultimate list link in my sig and congratz

And the advantages link to see a lil vid...;)

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice.

already enjoying the small benefits ive discovered and exciting to take full advantage of essentially my new iPad.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No issues in future sync...
Buy pkgupdate~ to help if upgrading firmware and re-jb ~ will download all your jb apps in one shot.

Look at the ultimate list link in my sig and congratz

And the advantages link to see a lil vid...;)

cool thanks. doubt ill update firmware unless absolutely necessary. ill update with anything worthy of a post or thought.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got a chance to mess with cydia a bit, is it normal to see a list of "installed" tweaks, progs w/e in cydia? i only got display out, winterboard and BTmouse. Activator somehow appeared.

Im assuming the additional installs are needed to run everything properly but just wanted to make sure.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
just got a chance to mess with cydia a bit, is it normal to see a list of "installed" tweaks, progs w/e in cydia? i only got display out, winterboard and BTmouse. Activator somehow appeared.

Im assuming the additional installs are needed to run everything properly but just wanted to make sure.

Yes, there is a section of Cydia to see installs. That's normal. I don't quite understand the second question though.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes...this is normal...
Activator is auto-installed. It's gesture based to do whatever you like. Its under your normal settings app on the springboard. Allows you to assign gestures to open specific programs or close them. Did you also install sbSettings? Very handy and free.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vlc has stopped working fo some reason. It was playing fine, then upon trying to rewind with the play bar, the picture is gone, audio fine. Also YouTube seems to play video fine.

Seems like a problem with vlc?

Recommendations....f4780y, calling you lol

Tried power cycling iPad, got the same results. No video with vlc.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strangely enough all it took to "refresh" vlc was an orientation change. Crisis averted.

Most reactions

Latest posts